Gyproc Pro-top Ready Mix Jointing Compound
|Grade Standard||Chemical Grade|
|Available Size||30 Kg|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
|Wet Density||1600 Kg/m3|
Features And Benifits
- Ready-To-Work Product – Water Not Needed
- Air drying – Drying time dependson temperature & humidity
- Easy to apply and sand
- Increased crack resistance
- Zero/ minimum wastage and reuse of bucket
- Saves time
- Excellent workability
- Smooth high-quality finish
Selecting the correct product for an application can save you time and money while jointing plasterboards.
- For filling joints and bedding tapes, a product which ‘fills’ the gap and dries quickly is required, so that further processes can be done immediately. Easi-Fill® is recommended for its quick-setting nature
- Easi-Fill® can be used for the second coat too, depending on the finish desired
- An air-drying product is required for the finishing coat. Use Pro-Fill® or Pro-Top® Ready Mix Jointing Compound All Purpose for an excellent finish of the joint
- Easi-Fill® is recommended for repairing joints and treating drilled holes for utilities
- Gyproc Joint Paper Tape is recommended for the best crack-resistance performance and fire-rated partitions and ceilings
- Gyproc Drywall Joint Tape (Fibre Tape) is recommended for quick jointing of plasterboards
- Gyproc Pro-Top Ready-Mix is an Air-Drying ready to use jointing compound for plasterboard finishing at vertical & horizontal joints. It is also used for filling the uneven gaps, small cut-outs and finishing of the internal and external corner joints.
Available Size:- 5, 20 & 30 Kg
Process of Jointing & Finishing
- Ensure that all fixings, screws or nails, are seated below the surface of the Gypsum board
- Remove any dust or loose material from the Gypsum board
- Mix Gyproc Easi-Fill®/Pro-Fill® with the clean water in the ratio of 2:1 to make a uniform paste. Continue themixing for 10 – 15 minutes to form a homogeneous mix.
- Ensure that no unmixed powder / lumps remain in the mixed material.
- Using an applicator / Trowel, fill the recess formed by the edges of the sheets with Gyproc Pro-Top®.
- Centre the paper tape along the joint and using a Taping knife / Trowel press the tape down into the Gyproc Pro-Top® ensuring no air bubble remain behind the tape.
- Immediately apply a thin coat of Gyproc Pro-Top® over the surface of the tape (100-150 mm wide).
- Allow it to dry
- Apply a second coat of Gyproc Pro-Top® with an Applicator / Trowel.
- Ensure that this coat extends outside the area of the first coat (200-250 mm wide).
- Allow to thoroughly dry and scrape back any build-up of compound along the joint.
- Apply a finishing coat of Gyproc Pro-Top® with an Applicator / Trowel.
- Joint edges should be feathered at least 50 mm beyond the edges of the previous coat.
- Allow to dry. Lightly sand in the same direction as the joint using finer sandpaper.