Durock Base Coat
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
|Packaging Size||25 Kg|
|Coverage||9 Sq.mt/Bag on coating 1.5 mm/7 Sq.mt/Bag on coating 2.5 mm|
|Storage||Avoid Direct Sunlight|
|Limitation||Do not all frozen surface or containing ice.|
|Set Time||8 hours|
|Cured concrete set time||24 hours|
- USG Boral DUROCK® Basecoat is composed of Portland cement and dry latex polymers specially designed for exteriors walls, ceilings and DUROSCREEN™ 2100 System (EIFS, Exterior insulation and finishing system). It is prepared on site with water and applied with exterior tape DUROCK ® brand reinforcement at joints between boards, inside and outside corners. Meets or exceeds the following standards ASTM C472-79, C266-86, C109, EN 99E-1.
- As a coating of 2.5 mm. over the entire surface and joints treatment between boards of DUROCK® brand cement board, approximate Coverage – 7 to 8 square meter per bag.
- As a coating of 1.5 mm. over the entire surface and joints treatment between boards of DUROCK® brand cement board, approximate Coverage – 9 to 10 square meter per bag.
- As a bonding for insulating sheathing rigid extruded polystyrene or Rockwool panel approximate Coverage – 12 to 14 square meters per bag.
- For joints treatment in DUROCK ® system, neat finished edges, is used for embedding, as a coating over the entire surface and joints treatment between boards of DUROCK® brand cement board and edges that not required vinyl bead. For embedding fiberglass mesh and as a bonding for insulating sheathing density Rockwool panels in EIFS (EIFS, Exterior insulation and finishing system) INSULCREEN ™ 2100, for bonding Rockwool panels on DUROCK ® system and masonry systems.
- Do not apply to frozen surfaces or containing ice.
- Do not apply if ambient temperature or surface temperature is less than 13 ° C (55 ° F).
- Do not left USG Boral DUROCK ® Basecoat as finishing, we recommend
- Do not left USG Boral DUROCK ® Basecoat as finishing, we recommend applying a sealer and finish.
- Do not apply basecoat on facades where there is risk of getting wet from the rain. Program the application to avoid the runoff and weathering of the fresh product.
- Check the finishing so it will be compatible with the cement surfaces.
- Store material in a cool, dry place. Avoid direct sunlight. Maintain temperature above 4 °C (40 °F).
- Shelf Life: Up to 12 months under protected storage conditions.
- Keep out moisture.
- Avoid dew point conditions or excessive moisture.
- After opening the bag close hermetic as possible.
- Stowing 60 bags maximum.
- Specially formulated for Durock®
- High flexibility.
- Exceptional bond to the substrate.
- High performance designed for use in EIFS system.
- Asbestos-free product.
Preparation & Application
- Place 5 liters of water in a container. Start the mixer; slowly add Basecoat and mix until to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add more water if is necessary. Approximate water-cement ratios for Basecoat (hand or machine application) are 6 liters per bag. Mix plaster with a cage-type paddle driven by a heavy-duty drill capable of producing 300 to 450 rpm.
- When the mixture is smooth and free of lumps, let stand 15 minutes, and then re-mix to a smooth paste. The surface where you will apply the cement must be completely clean, dry and free of dust, ice, grease, oil or other substances that may prevent adhesion.
- Fill joints with DUROCK® Basecoat with a Hammer-End Joint Knife and then place the reinforcing exterior tape DUROCK® brand, retroweling removing excess of Basecoat in order to embed the tape. Cover corners and vinyl beads. The thickness of the DUROCK® Basecoat must be thin, no more than 1 mm. Remove excess with a flat metal wool or polystyrene wet. Allow dry at least 4 hours.